Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

I've ordered the nursery!!

So very exciting news today, we've ordered our nursery!! I'll be honest it was planned for us to get things organised this early but Mothercare has recently launched a sale and they offered a deal that was really too good to turn down - £580 for a cotbed, wardrobe and changing unit (£400 off)!!

So here's what will be arriving on November 5th:

It's the Taunton collection which you can find online, in a lovely creamy white.

The Cot bed

The cotbed is recently basic and we'll still need to purchase a mattress which we will also do from Mothercare as the prices seem so reasonable. The wood is a veneer and there are three different hight settings from birth down to bed to hopefully stop any climbs that get too adventurous. Separately the bed costs £295. 

The changing unit

The changing unit features two deep drawers (invaluable), flat top with raised side (to help prevent any rolling off) and two holes/ shelves (not sure what else to call them) which I'll probably fill with wicker baskets to keep them looking tidy. I thought that I'd ideally like three drawers but actually I think the space to keep all your changing paraphernalia will be really useful. It also has a small hanging rail for baby towels on the side which I really like. Individual price for this unit would be £290.

The wardrobe



I really loved the half and half style of this because as we're having a boy I can't imaging hanging space being a great need for us so extra draw space is great. I'll probably again purchase some wicker baskets for the bottom two shelves and then use the top two for gorgeous little teddies I'm sure we'll receive. Now I just need to get some baby hangers - so excited!!! This individually costs £395. 

I'm not 100% sure how long this deal is going to be on for but I'd really recommend it because furniture can be so expensive! I also saw this in the store before we ordered and the quality is great so you don't need to worry about that. Go check it out for yourself. 

2 comments:

  1. When u convert the bed to 3 years old kids, do u need to buy the wood separately in order for u to form a kid bed? Or it is all inclusive? I am planning to buy this ;) r u happy with the quality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carin, sorry for the delayed response i was actually in hospital having my little boy when you wrote this :-). I'm really really happy with the quality of the furniture. It took awhile to put up but it's really sturdy and the finish is great. For the price I would absolutely recommend ordering this set! Take care, Mrs W

      Delete