Pages

Monday 17 September 2012

6 months / 24 weeks pregnancy update



So I know the diary posts are getting fewer and further between but in all honesty it's because there hasn't been a huge amount to update on!

Muffin is now about 30cms crown to heel which is really scary if you get a tape measure out because you just can't understand how they'd have any room. You also have days when you look really pregnant and days when you don't. I think this is completely dependent on how they're lying, if he's facing inwards then I look smaller but if he's facing outwards then I can look quite big and the kicks are a lot harder.

Talking of kicks these are definitely getting stronger and I'm starting to see patterns develop. Unfortunately for me though this is isn't looking to good as he's pretty sleepy during the day but then wakes up in the late evenings and through the night and apparently they tend to stick to similar timings when they come out. Yikes.

The next change I've noticed is in the amount of hair I now have! Not on my head but I'm growing it everywhere else. My tummy now has quite a thick but very fine layer of hair spread across it and I'm shaving twice as often. I'm just exceptionally grateful that I am very fair so it's not too noticeable to anyone other then myself and hubby. Although he keeps teasing me because he's noticed a new fine layer on my face and keeps referring to it as my new beard - yes I do feel like punching him sometimes ;-).

I'm also feeling a lot better in myself. Although there are still days when I'm exceptionally tired and need to take an afternoon power nap I do have more energy and generally feel happier. I attended my aunt's wedding last weekend and I honestly felt absolutely fantastic. I couldn't stop smiling and genuinely felt more attractive. I'm finally getting to see this 'good' side to pregnancy everyone keeps rabbiting on about I just wish it came in longer bursts.

However the most exciting news is that muffin is now considered viable! So if something happened and I went into labour now the doctor's would at least attempt to revive him. The chances of survival are still minimal but there is a chance which is such a relief. Every week now going forward is great for him in terms of putting on weight and allowing his brain and lungs to develop further.

The number of appointments I'm now going to have with my GP and midwife is going to start increasing so hopefully they'll be a lot more to update on.

No comments:

Post a Comment