Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

Week 15 - the revival begins


Wow considering how I felt just 10 days ago I can't begin to explain the difference to now. I feel like a whole new person. In fairness I don't feel as amazing as everyone keeps telling me I'm going to feel but I definitely feel alive and inspired to actually move my bum off the sofa. I can't tell you how happy that makes Mr W feel, not having a big lump for a wife. 


So here's a quick summary of how's it been for baby and I: 
The baby
At week 15 according to The Baby Centre little muffin is the size of an apple. I really couldn't tell you if that's a golden delicious or a pink lady but it's about 10cm of crown to rump. 
This week's key developments include being able to sense light even though their eyelids are fused shut. Taste buds are beginning to form so it won't be a long before I start getting reactions based on my rather varied eating habits. All the limbs are continuing to grow and his legs should be longer then his arms (otherwise he'll be walking around like a monkey when he pops out).
His or her little face has eyelashes and eyebrows. Its backbone is strong enough for its neck to straighten out and he's moving around more than ever particularly with little hiccups beginning to start. 
If I were to have an ultrasound now we might even be able to tell the sex but unfortunately with my care plan I'm going to have to wait until 20 weeks for that information. Also and most excitingly of all, from anytime going forward I might be able to feel little muffin kicking, Eek!!! 
Me
Well as I said I feel like a whole new person this week. The biggest change of all I think is the nesting instinct kicking in. I actually spent over four hours cleaning the other day which for me, even though I know it's disgraceful, is like an alien taking over my form. I've just suddenly found that I absolutely can not bear mess and dirt. I have to sort it out straight away or I won't be able to relax. 
The fact that I even want to get off the sofa is also a pretty big deal. There have been days in the last four months when I would literally be happy to just staying in bed or not moving off the sofa. As someone who is self employed I can't begin to explain what a challenge that has been. It's also definitely been felt on the old finances. 
I'm still being sick though unfortunately. I very rarely feel nauseous but occassionaly there is still a meal that doesn't want to stay down, which is frustrating as I only get about a 10 second warning. Luckily it hasn't happened when I've been out and about. Phew!! 
The bump is also really beginning to grow and all my clothes are getting tighter. I tried to put on a pair of maternity jeans the other day but they're still a little on the big side. I think this must be the most frustrating time because it is really difficult to wear anything that fits unless you invest in clothing that's one or two sizes bigger then your norm but that just seems like a waste to me as you'll only be in them for a month. 
I also attended my first antenatal class at the hospital where I'll be giving birth which was exciting. It was all about staying healthy in pregnancy and the habits you need to be learning now to stop yourself getting into difficulties later. For example, how to sleep with a pillow between your legs, how to get in and out of bed and all your tummy and pelvic floor muscles. I'll probably do a fuller post on this later on. The other thing I discovered is that you can get help through the NHS with physiotherapy if you do have an great discomfort. As I unfortunately have a curved spine I've already been in quite a lot of pain so I'm going to start with them in the next couple of weeks. Who knew there was positives to the NHS??
Anyway I have to say this is definitely been the best week so far and I'm really starting to feel excited about the coming months. Particuarly as we now have a real bump to comment on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment