Pages

Monday 16 July 2012

Week 14 - Wohoo the start of the second trimester


So I’m sure I read somewhere that at this point I’m supposed to stop feeling sick, have tons of energy and that mystical glow everyone keeps going on about… Well in my case I’ve been sorely disappointed.

What’s happening with baby this week…

Well it turns out my little muffin is a lemon this week measuring at approx. 10.1cm (4in). Although it apparently starts getting harder to predict their exact size from this point onwards as all babies now start developing at different speeds but apparently I should think of it as a lemon.

Muffin’s ears are also now developed to start hearing and in particular mine and hubby’s voices, which is pretty cool. They also love being sung to but unfortunately for my little one I think I’ll save them from my voice unless they want their ears damaged before they’ve even begun.

Other cool facts include: they’re arms should have grown long enough to place his hands together in front of his face, the spinal cord is now fully formed and nerves are leaving between every vertebra, and she can even squint, frown, grimace, pee and possibly suck her thumb!!

What’s happening with me this week…

I wish I could tell you that I’m feeling amazing and all the tiredness and nausea had gone away but unfortunately not.  Although it has definitely begun to improve as the days have gone by.

I was lucky enough to start the week in Portugal as Mr W and I had managed to escape the horrific weather here for a week of sunshine and relaxation. Although I was still pretty exhausted in the afternoons and pretty much comatosed by 10pm a week of fresh fruit and fish was definitely paying dividends.

However we did return back to earth on Tuesday with a bit of a bump as my morning sickness returned with a vengeance following a delicious meal cooked by my mum. As a result I now seemed to have formed quite a significant food aversion to anything too vinegary e.g. salad dressing.

Since then I’m still struggling with nausea particularly if I’m a little hungry but on the positive side I’m really starting to get my energy back. I’m still exhausted early evening and around mid afternoon but I feel a lot better in the mornings. I’m finally getting an urge to actually do things other then hide on my sofa and I’m definitely nesting. I spent over four hours this morning cleaning our spare room something that is virtually on heard of for me!  

I think the most exciting part of this week has definitely been my growing bump – I finally have one! People actually have something to comment on and I don’t just look like I’ve eaten all the pies. I even tried on a pair of maternity jeans the other day but there still on the big side so I’m just living in tracksuit bottoms until they do fit but I’m sure it won’t be long.

Other then that everything else has been pretty much normal. My boobs are still pretty sore and sensitive and I’m a little gassy.

I’m also starting to get really excited now about the next stage as anytime from next week I could start to feel little muffins movements. I’m also only 4.5 weeks away from my next scan when I can find out the sex and finally we can start really planning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment