Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Sweet dreams


Ok so this isn’t something I would normally review but when I was contacted to try out a new herbal chocolate drink I couldn’t resist.



Zenbev is a herbal hot chocolate that is supposed to aid sleeping by relaxing you. I was pretty skeptical before it arrived to be honest but as I’ve said in previous posts I do have trouble sleeping. I don’t know why but for some reason I tend to get really anxious as I’m going to sleep as my mind goes crazy planning the next day. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone out there though and this is a problem for most mums and something that will only increase when you either have more than one or they start school.

The drink itself is made up from organic pumpkin seeds and is rich in tryptophan, which in the presence of the right kind of carbohydrate stimulates melatonin, a natural sleep drug.

I’m not going to lie, it’s definitely not the tastiest chocolate drink I’ve ever had. It’s not unpleasant but there is a slightly herbal after taste mainly because it’s not that easy to stir in so you’re left with some of the half mixed powder to drink at the end.

However, I tried it for five nights in a row during a particularly busy period and it really worked. I felt much more chilled out when I got into bed and drifted off to sleep really quickly. My husband couldn’t believe it as I’m usually up for at least half an hour after him, so I’d definitely recommend giving it go.

My top tip is to add in an extra spoonful of Cadbury’s Hot Choccie to get the flavour balance right.

ZenBev costs £25.99 for a 250g container that should last around four weeks. There's also a lemon flavour you can try... 

For more information you can visit their site here

No comments:

Post a Comment