Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Oyster baby - full review




Some of you may remember that I did a post about a small company called Oyster Baby before little A was born, well since that post I’ve been trying out the Oyster sling in action over the last three months. I have one verdict: it’s a lifesaver!!

Admittedly when it first arrived I was slightly apprehensive as it looked like the whole thing might be a little difficult to put together particularly if you’re juggling a little one. However it was actually surprisingly easy but I would recommend putting it on in front of a mirror for the first couple of tries.

The bamboo cotton material is really soft so you feel confident that it will feel nice up against the skin of your newborn baby. In the beginning I was a little nervous about getting the right taut so he wouldn’t either slip out or get crushed up against me but the fabric is actually quite elastic so if you tie it quite tight then he’ll feel pretty secure.



I started off using the oyster-snuggle position as little A loved it for sleeping when his wind was really bad. He’d literally be screaming for ages and then I’d pop him in the wrap and he’d fall asleep in about five seconds. It was particularly amazing for trying to get the housework done and taking him on short walks whilst I was recovering from the c-section.



Now at three months I’m using the oyster-lookout as his neck control is really good and Arthur is loving it. He’s fascinated by the world and it’s a great alternative to pushing the buggy around the park, plus you can guarantee he’s really feeling and experiencing the fresh air when we’re out walking.

I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to go with it as he’s such a monster in terms of his size – we went to a party at the weekend and he was bigger then the six month old – but up until this point I’ve loved this product and would definitely recommend it to any new mum. The feeling of him snuggled up against me moving around, like when he was in my tummy, was just such a special feeling and I’ll definitely be using it with any future little ones.

For more information on Oyster Baby click here

No comments:

Post a Comment