Pages

Monday 8 October 2012

Tangle Teezer review

One of the pregnancy symptoms you might be suffering from with extra hair, everywhere! I've been really lucky in the fact that I'm naturally very fair so the very fine extra layering I've acquired everywhere and particularly on my tummy (??!!!) is barely noticeable.

However the one place I was really looking forward to seeing a bit more hair on was my head. I have seriously thin hair which has always been a complete nightmare to volumise. The only think I found that helps using highlights to give more texture. Anyway the point is because I use bleach it's a nightmare to untangle, something I have in common with my pregnant girlfriends who did get the head hair fairy. So after talking to a hairdresser friend I was recommended to try a tangle teezer and boy has it made a difference!


I'm not 100% sure how it works but according to their website it's to do with the spacing between the teeth and the fact that they can flex over tangles instead of getting stuck in your fragile hair and literally just pulling it out.

It's not perfect in that you do still have tug occasionally and I do notice that it misses quite a lot of the tangles if you go over it again with a proper brush. Also because of the high gloss finish there isn't a huge amount of grip which as meant it's gone flying out of my hands on several occasions, particularly if my hands are wet. However it is pulling my hair out a lot less and it takes me only a couple of minutes to brush through it instead of the five or ten minutes it used to. I have a feeling that this is something that this saving in time is going to be a life saver when munchkin arrives.

I also read in a magazine that they're suitable for use on babies which is useful. They do have some childish designs on their website too which is perfect for a girl but what about the boys???



The biggest selling point though is how reasonable priced they are. I have an original which is only £10.20 and even their professional Salon Elite brush is only £11.20.



Anyway it's suffice to say that I'm a massive fan of the Tangle Teezer and would definitely recommend it to anyone who's struggling to get their ordinary brush through their hair. If you want more info then you can check their website out here.

Take care,

Mrs W xx


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip Kate I'll check out that site as I could do with a small version for my handbag to sort out my hair on my way to meetings.

    Take care,

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete